Nosebleed highs to
soul-crushing lows. I've been there
all alone, & where
everyone knows.
Roller coaster rides -
some took months to reach
the top.
I been through all the
twists & curves. Yeah
I done been dropped.
C h o p p e d & screwed,
used like a tool.
Then cut from the roster,
& knocked off the
choppin block
I been left in the
dark.
Cold, dry & stark.
My face slammed by the door.
Yup, I been on
that floor.
Days in the cold.
Nights drippin sweat.
Emotionally withdrawn,
yeah I been in
that debt.
Black Friday - I've been up,
stood in line,
been denied.
Never mattered how I'd feel -
Always drove A Hard Deal.
I been left in the air,
I've been lost amongst
the stars.
Way out in
deep space.
Confronted strange beings,
tried to understand
their feelings.
Asking strangers
what up doe
chica?
Able to find
nothing.
No rhyme,
nor reason,
I packed up all my shit
"Yo, I'm outa here. I'm leavin!"
I couldn't understand
a word the natives were sayin.
But they were always real loud
and ain't look like they were playin.
Hopped back in
my spaceship. Ready to bounce.
but the thing is:
I'm lost in this place -
a lowly Martian
stuck on Venus.
I just wanted to get
home. Told the alien
"meet me halfway - we can find
common ground.
Somewhere between
my place &
yours."
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
done done it again ...
Post a Comment