
Woke up this morning feelin more confident than ever. I'm a pretty confident guy...borderline conceited at times, even.
But today was different.
My shit was off the meter. I found myself smiling from ear to ear AAAAAAALL day with my chin way up in the air. I felt like I had my own personal star-spangled soundtrack (note to self: sample Star-Spangled Banner (note to self 2: find out if you have to say "note to self" when typing note to self.)).
I had so much confidence, I felt like my dick grew a foot overnight. I think I stepped on it when I got outta bed.
I woke up this morning and bought this newspaper.

I woke up so confident this morning, I could understand the use of the word "swagger"...and I exuded it. I left a trail of swagger behind me all over the Chi. My swagger made Kanye's swagger kill itself by drowning in it's self-pity and feelings of inadequacy. F waitin till I get my money right...you can't tell me nothin right NOW!
I'ma iron my jeans and wear button-ups the rest of the week. Maybe even shave.
I realized shortly after I woke up that even a nigga like me, who refers to himself as "a nigga like me," COULD be President of the United States one day. And if the nation's future pans out like it COULD as a result of yesterday's election, this country might be something I'd actually take an interest in.
I looked in the mirror and felt an overwhelming swelling of pride. OK, I'm light-skinned...but I'm Black. My skin and has never been so beautiful to me as it was when I looked in the mirror today.
I wish I had a job.
I wish I had a job with white people.
I wish I had a job with white people who was on that McCain shit.
Listened to white politicians talk on the radio today. They made some REALLY good points. My favorite of which being that Black people are being selfish by claiming this as a "Black victory" instead of a victory for AMERICA! That is absolutely true. We're so quick to scream and shout racism at the whites, but when they attempt to share something on the same level as us, we shut them out.
We need a reevaluation of our mindset. Our way of thinking needs an overhaul. The way I understand it, the rest of the world does not differentiate between "African-Americans" and "Americans" - it's all the same. Why can't we see things like that???
I woke up this morning proud than a muthafucka.
5 comments:
i love this post!
and yes you can even saying "a ni##a like me" i mean didnt u see the interview where barry o said "yes i used to smoke, often a lot even, i mean that was the point" (or something to that affect/effect)
and lmao at your NOTES to self
respect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZFBKoBBRmE
Great post homie. I feel the same way. I worked in a plant with some out of touch white folks back when Kwame was re-elected, and had to hear all that bull-shit they were talkin. However I would have bought them a two 24 packs of Pabst Blue Ribbon and a 5th of Jim Beam to keep that salty rhetoric going in the case of my ni@@a Obama.PEACE
Yes I did... yes we can... and yes we did!
Dog I left the house the day after the election and the sun was lil brighter. Like every single person I saw on the street on the way to the subway station said hi to me. I even had a 20 minute conversation with the newspaper man eventhough I was already 1 hour late to work at this point. I felt INVINCIBLE! I strolled into work very merrily being 90 minutes late and then had a conversation with my (white) boss like it wasn't sh*t wrong with this picture. Why? Cause he was just as fuggin happy as I was! LOL. I love America.
Post a Comment