Thursday, October 9, 2008

I understand Love Lockdown!

OK. . . so I NEVER been one for the funny voice shit, but Kanye makes me hate it just enough to make it lovable! When I first heard Love Lockdown, I pictured a disheveled Kanye West alone in a studio - bloodshot eyes, unshaven, collar up on an expensive ass button-up with a blazer, beating out notes on a keyboard, singing drunken randomness about shit nobody cared about. . . .

. . . then i started drinking . . .

And magically, everything made sense!

And I heard this version.

I've BEEN where Kanye is! Some dumb broad thinks she IS what she AIN'T! And he's TOLD her she AIN'T what she THINK she is cuz somebody ELSE is that, but SHE don't wanna hear it! It's kinda like tryina explain somethin to somebody, but not knowing the words, so it just comes out like "Whenever the time might be, we together might make the most of whatever it is that is the utmost of the almost might have been of whatever we thought was, but never came to actuality. And even though for the furtherance of the cause might justify the opposite, we could even not try the distant alternative." Make sense??? NO!!!! Just like Love Lockdown doesn't make sense! Just gotta FEEL it! When you listen to it DRUNK and OPEN-MINDED, it's GINEUS!!!

As for me, I'M DEFINITELY keeping MY love on lockdown from NOW ON!!!


-----
EDIT - It is now the next day. I am sober, and no longer understand Love Lockdown. Ay, Dios mio! :-(

1 comment:

Doc Tate said...

LOL. Dog I been listening to his CD when I was drinking some beers last night. I had that "say you will" on repeat cause I was really feeling it my n*gga. Then I tried to listen to it on the way to work this morning and was like, "wtf is this n*gga talkin bout?!?!" It all made perfect sense after like 5 beers.