Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mondays. . .

OK. So I'm sitting in the lounge at school with a buncha folk. At this point, I'm used to being the only Black guy in the room at LTU. We're all joking and having a good time, when one of them says "I hate Mondays..." and all of them start crackin up. I found it a little weird, being that it was Tuesday, but I paid it no attention. Then they kept talking about it. One of them said "Urban Dictionary has a definition - 'a word that can be used to describe a black person without insulting them with them knowing.' hahahaha"

I looked up and said "WHAT?!"



And everybody got quiet. . .


So I looked it up, and sure enough. . . Monday. One friend of mine said "Kill them. NOW!" . . . . after strong consideration, I decided to just leave. But I can't say it didn't bother the shit outta me.

I HATE to generalize a whole race by saying "white people are racist, and not to be trusted" but they keep proving the shit RIGHT! Shit like this makes me wonder how my white friends talk about me when I'm not around.

The more I think about it, the more upset I get, and the more heads I wanna crack (figuratively?)




. . . . now tell me what the fuck am I supposed to do?

5 comments:

UM2004 said...

Wow that is wild.....I don't even know what to say to that

Like wow seriously lol

Amyre

Girl in the World said...

KILL KILL KILL!!!!

Girl in the World said...

...and now that I think about it, what the hell are they doing reading the "Urban Dictionary" anyway?

...If they hate black people so much...

cheanthony said...

you have a few options:

1. Use your words to express your feelings about their comments and feelings, which probably wont make much difference being that he's an idiot, the only insults he'll understand will make you look like the nigger he feels you are.
2. Beat him until you're tired. Hospitalize him. You'll probably lose your job, and you likely be jailed, but he'll be more careful about the jokes he shares in public settings.
3. Tell your supervisor. Ham it up about how you were unsure of how to handle it, and you're more uncomfortable everyday working with racist muhfuckas. This shit does not fly in corporate america anymore, and there should be consequences. It'd be better if someone else heard, because they'll definitely stick together saying you misunderstood. You may feel like a snitch, but being that you're playing by the rules of corporate america, you'll have to ignore your stomach ache.
4. Swallow it. Feel like a bitch.

You just have to choose which evil is less agitating to your personal set of principles.

Tom said...

@Shea - it was at school, homie. LTU don't give a shit.