Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bus Log: Tue 23 Sep 2008

  • AIDS Man
    This guy gets on the bus, and the first thing I thought was "This guy has AIDS." Don't know what it is exactly that makes someone LOOK AIDSly, but he had it. Dude was tall, skinny, with light brown badly permed hair, pinned up in a hairnet, wearing a formerly black or dark gray hoodie, which had been bleached. He sits down directly in front of me (making me scared to breathe actually), and I noticed his hairline was like 6" above his collar and he was carrying a GameWorks bag, which I assumed was full of AIDS medicine or drug paraphernalia. . . I guess it could have been video games too, but I doubt it.


  • This lady who looked just like Rosa Parks got on the bus. . . and sat BEHIND me. Ironic???


  • Random building of the day
    Maceo's Croquettes and Dairy Bar (no lie. Grand River just north/west of Hubbell)


  • Disgruntled Drunkard
    So I'm sitting there, looking out the window, when I hear some angry, drunken, profane mutterings, "I'll kick yo ass!." I look back and see this guy SPRAWLED out across the entire back seat. Drunk as hell. I immediately pulled out my phone and started taking notes. A lady got on the bus with her small child and walked towards the back. I guess I COULDA warned her, and given up my seat, but where's the fun in that? So I just watched. Her face went from unsuspecting smile, to disgustingly frightened. She sat her child next to Rosa Parks and moved away from Drunken Madness. Meanwhile, I'm holding back tears because of the burst of laughter threatening to erupt. I was the ONLIEST muthaf'a on that bus who thought it was HILARIOUS! Everybody else looked concerned, or scared, or otherwise unamused. Here is a partial list of his mutterings.

    • "I'm like Stevie Wonder - I'll kick yo ass!"

    • "I'ma kick ALL yall asses!"

    • "I'ma kick HIS ass!"

    • "Somebody gon SUFFA!"

    • Singing random songs. He even did a count off (1, 2, 1-2-3-4!)

    • "I don't like Murray Wright!" as we passed Murray Wright High School


    And as he exited the bus, I saw his hands, and at first, it looked like he was wearing latex gloves. Turns out he was just ashy as hell. He basically falls off the bus, angrily, then turns back to the bus, with a friendly smile, waves goodbye, and stumbles to the liquor store.

    I want him to ride my bus every day. No hobo.

4 comments:

maya! said...

I hate you, Thomas.

No hobo.

UM2004 said...

lmao lmao lmao

thats why I love you man lol hilarious

Leigh Nobe said...

So...I'm no longer going to read your posts from my cell phone when I'm in public cuz you've got me out here lookin like a FOOL laughing out loud! I can't even hold it in...this stuff is FUNNY!

Doc Tate said...

No hobo, huh? LOL. This is funny. Now for my usual rebuttal:

At the bus stop outside of my new job, it is much more hooder than my last. 1st day sights in only 7 mins at the stop.
1. 2 gay mexicanicans indulging in homo like activities in the alley.
2. 2 dope fiends having an apparent power conference before deciding to try to sell some (as the other dope fiend put it "weak ass diesel") crack to a 3rd dope fiend.
3. Some fat chic trying to get down with the 2 gay mexicanicans in the alley.