Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bus Log: Wed 21 August 2008 - Thu 22 August 2008

Not very much lately.
Wednesday 21 August 2008
  • Got on the bus later than usual today. Should've known the crazies would be out. I'm sitting there with my headphones on when this lady gets on the bus and sits right in front of me. She turns around, looks me in the face, and starts mouthing something. Naturally, I turn my headphones up louder and look out the window. She continues so I say "excuse me?" This broad responds surprised "OH! I wasn't talkin to you. I was just sayin 'Jesus' over and over again. Is your name Jesus?! Sometimes you just gotta say 'Jesus.'"

    Over and over again while staring a nigga in the face huh? I knew I shouldn't have acknowledged her; she talked to me for a good five minutes, which seemed like a blistering fucking eternity of nonsensical shit that I did NOT want to hear. She asked was I married.
    "No." I replied.
    "You got a girlfriend?" she asked.
    "Yes."
    "You gon marry her??? How old are you? How old is she?"
    "Probably. I'm 25. She's 26," I said dryly.
    "AND YOU'RE SURE YOU'RE READY TO GET MARRIED?!"

    From this point on, I don't know wtf she was talking about. I turned my headphones up again and just nodded every once in a while. Next time I saw her (15 minutes later) she was crying.


  • Thursday 22 August 2008: Bebe and Her Kids - Woodward/ 8 Mile
  • Got to the bus stop this morning and there was a lady with 3 little boys, dirty as hell at 9 in the morning. I'm guessing 10, 8, and 4 years old. At first, she was talking to the oldest one.

    Bebe: Well if you need 24 of em and 8 come in a pack, how many packs you need? That's. . . . . . at least 5 right?
    10: I think that's 3 mama.
    Me: ::realizing this is going to be an interesting wait, turn down my headphones::

    While this is going on, 8 and 4 are play-fighting. . . . INTENSELY. Matter of fact, f playin; them lil niggas was FIGHTIN! 8 has a big, heavy branch, sharp on one end, hitting 4 with it. 4 counters by punching 8 in the head.

    Bebe: JOSH STOP!
    Josh: Hits 4 with the stick again
    4: Slaps Josh in the face, runs in a circle, falls in the dirt, laughing, continues running in circles around Josh.
    Josh: Hits 4 with the stick again
    Bebe: JOSH STOP!
    4: Punches Josh, hides behind me.
    Josh: Starts climbing the fence to the cemetery.
    4: Pulls Josh off the fence
    Bebe: JOSH STOP!
    Josh: Jumps off the fence, turns the sharp end of the stick to 4 and pretends (dangerously close) to stab 4 in the head and face with the stick
    4: Grabs Josh's shirt and pulls him, while Josh is still doing the dangerous stab motion towards his face.
    Bebe: JOSH STOP!
    Josh: ::stops:: I was stabbin him mommy

    I just KNEW I was gon see some ghetto-baby blood that day. Glad I didn't though.

1 comment:

Ain HD said...

HOW did I miss this one!?