Monday, December 14, 2009

Bus Log: The Lost Logs, August - November

For those of you who look forward to the bus logs, let me apologize. . . actually, f it. Nevermind, I'm not apologizing; I just ain't feel like writing. As such, All of November has been summed up into one entry, as well as various others that I just forgot to write lol.



August 20, 2009

The bus was unusually funky this day. One guy remarked: It smells like chicken sh*t! I don't think it was a random comparison; he looked like he knew EXACTLY what chicken sh*t smells like.

August 24, 2009

Standing at the bus stop this morning, I was approached by a rather large fellow. In his hand was a brown paper bag, from which he was drinking. As he swayed back and forth in an all-too-familiar fashion, he spoke

Morning Drunk: Dis da Woodward bus stop?
Me: ::looking up to the big "Woodward" street sign:: Yep.
MD: Oh

::awkward silence::

MD: Yo mama still alive??
Me: ....uh...yeah.
MD: My mama just passed last night.

Feel bad for him? Yeah I did too. . . keep reading.

MD: She died right the f*ck over there in that hospital ::points over in the general direction of DMC::
Me: Damn man. I'm sorry to hear that. U aight gettin home?
MD: Man nah. I need some bus fare ::pretends to cry::
Me: OK. Here's $2.
MD: Thanks man. . . ::turns to walk away, then comes back:: Ay lil bruh. I'm uh....I'm hungry too.

And I started thinking about it. . . I just gave this muthaf***a $2 for bus fare, and he's holding a 40oz of malt liquor! Get your priorities straight G! Get home first, THEN think about a drink! I don't even believe his mama died no more.

Me: Sorry mane. I ain't even got it. Go ask somebody in McDonald's

Saw him the next day pullin the same sh*t!

Evil Bus Driver
After getting on the bus, I noticed the driver was going really fast, and not stopping at all the stops. At one stop, he pulled over and someone was taking a long time to board the bus. He yells out "YOU BETTA RUN! I'M BOUTA LOSE MY JOB! NO TIME FA DIS!" and pulls off. I died laughing. I hope he does lose his job.

Supporting Characters
Big young fat lady rubbing her non-pregnant belly, wearing an NBA "baby" tee. She was not homeless.

Big old fat lady wearing a parka and a sweater. It's 70 degrees outside. She also was not homeless.

August 25, 2009

Got on the bus and the driver is slumped down in his seat (cuz he couldn't recline it) like he was pushin a dope boy 86 Monte or somethin. I sat AAAAALL the way in the back. Farthest corner from the driver. Everybody is in a chill mood, the bus is quiet...except for the ghetto ass bus driver. I heard every single syllable of his ghetto ass conversation to his (undoubtedly) ghetto ass buddy Chip. Although I couldn't hear Ghetto Ass Chip's end of the convo, I entertained myself by filling it in. I don't remember what was said, but I had fun at the time.

November XX, 2009 - The Bum Log


The bus has actually been unusually normal lately. However, since I work downtown, there is no shortage of weirdo sightings. This installment of the Bus Log will be known as The Bum Log.

At work today, I saw the same vagrant 3 times. His nose was unnecessarily, disgustingly runny. I mean like his nasty ass mustache was covered in slime - glistening in the late-November sun. The first time he saw me, he asked for some money for a sandwich from Jimmy John's. I didn't have any cash, so I bought him one on my card. I went in, brought it back to him, and instead of saying "Thank you" or the usual "God bless, brotha!" He says "what, no drink???" I said "you're welcome" and walked away. I saw him two more times within the next half hour, and he asked me for money for a sandwich again both times, like he had never seen me before in his life.

No wonder he's a bum. Loser.

I got on the elevator in the Ford Building on the way back up to the office, and Faizon Love's twin brother gets on with me. I usually speak to people on the elevator, so I say

Me: Hey man how's it goin?
Faizon Twin: Man I'm aight....::mood immediately changing to somber:: HEY MAN!....you love America?? I love America man. . . I fought in the war man, now they tryina not give me no money man. But I still love America man. ::looking sooooo serious and sad::

Me: ::getting off the elevator:: Cool. Have a nice day, guy.

Later on, on my way out the building again, this bum yells at me:
Excited Bum: Hey handsome young brotha, u got some spare change?
Me: Naw man. Sorry
EB: It's cool! Have a good day, lil brutha! HA! U got a beard like Dick Tracy!

I thought to myself, "Dick Tracy doesn't have a beard..."

Finally, on the way home on the bus. . .

This guy was exaggerating EVERYTHING!
Exaggeration Man: Man this sun is BEAMIN! It's CRAZY hot out here!
Fact: it was only in the mid-60s that day.

EM: But man this mornin it was cold as HELL! It was like ZERO BELOW out!
Fact: It didn't get colder than 40 degrees that day.


EM: I been out there workin in these coveralls I got from [can't remember the name of the cheap clothing store]. Dem shits only cost like TWO DOLLAS APIECE!
Fact: ....that one might be true. I dunno

He was talking to me this whole time, and I said not one word. Just nodded or made a "oh, word??" face.

PIE-YOW! Man
It's always a good thing when someone enjoys their job; they're generally more jolly and pleasant to be around. This is an especially useful attribute for someone in positions where customer service is required, like say....a bus driver. This particular bus driver took it a tad too far, methinks. He may have had a medical condition; I haven't seen him since this day.

Every person who got on the Woodward bus, he greeted with an excited "PIE-YOW!" and a fist bump. It was funny at first, and kinda created a more friendly mood in place of the usual watch-your-back feeling one gets on DDOT. He did this to literally every single passenger who got on the bus. And he sang loud, annoying songs when he pulled up to a stop. He would open the door, and should "WOOD-WAAARD WOOD-WAAAARD WOOD-WAAAAAAARD!" at the people waiting at the bus stop. I wish I could've gotten some of the crazy looks people gave him. Like people were really angry at this man for being happy.

One person even said: what the f*ck this n*gga so g*dd*mn happy about??

Detroit Hates Love.

COM-AH-DEE.


Another Day in November 

I caught the Dexter bus today. Coming up Cass, the bus driver passed this guy standing at the curb. He didn't stop because the bus stop was about a block down the street. He waited at the bus stop for dude to catch up, and when he got to the door, m'man said "F*CK YOU! I ain't wanna get on this bus NO way!"

I think that's all for the make-up bus logs. I'll try to stay up to date from now on ;-P

No comments: