So, I'm standing at the bus stop, purposely minding my own business because I just didn't really feel like being bothered with strangers and their weirdnesses. I guess that vibe attracts weirdos. Anyway, so like 10 feet away from me, sitting on the bench in the shelter, there's this guy with a fishing rod, making angry arm gestures at the street. I notice him, but don't really acknowledge him. I thought I heard him say something, so I asked:
Me: I'm sorry?(this is when I realized he was deaf)
Him: summa ma bumma caw
Me: Oh ok ::put headphones back on::
Him: myon bin bandsaw
Deaf Dude: I can't hear youHe was reading my lips, which, upon my realization, immediately freaked me completely the fuck out. Besides the horrible fact that I couldn't stop thinking of Greased Up Deaf Guy, I just don't want another dude staring at my lips, man. Don't judge me. Then he stood up, and I swear it looked like he was squaring up to fight me! But he was just signing at me again. Then he started talking again:
DD: What time is the bus going to be here?
(I think that's what he said)
Me: Uh...7:58 (It was 7:30 at the time)
DD: Oh ok, so like 5 minutes
Me: ...::looks at watch:: yup
DD: Where you live?
Me: West Seattle
DD: Where you goin?
Me: Hangin out with coworkers
DD: How long you be gone?
Me: I dunno
DD: ::laughs, gives me a pound, and walks away::
Mind you, I have absolutely no idea what he's saying. Those are just the things I decided to believe he said, and responded thusly. He talked to me a couple more times after that, and it got increasingly harder not to bust out laughing. I had to get away, so I walked down the street a bit, and bro kinda followed me! Here's a picture of the situation
So then the bus comes, and I'm relieved, cuz I don't know how much longer I can contain my laughter.
On the bus, there are 4 teenage boys wrestling across the back seat. Like really putting each other in headlocks, and like elbow-drops and laughin & shit. I could be wrong, but I don't remember doing that past the age of like 8. They were really goin at it smh.
I sit down and relax a bit. As soon as I let my guard down, I look to my right, and directly across the aisle from me, is a crazy cat lady...stroking a damn cat, looking crazy. as. shit. As I was trying to get a picture of HER, I look in front of me, and see this middle-aged (45+) white guy, in biker shorts, a bubble coat, on a laptop:
Oh yeah, I live in Seattle now.
So then the bus comes, and I'm relieved, cuz I don't know how much longer I can contain my laughter.
On the bus, there are 4 teenage boys wrestling across the back seat. Like really putting each other in headlocks, and like elbow-drops and laughin & shit. I could be wrong, but I don't remember doing that past the age of like 8. They were really goin at it smh.
I sit down and relax a bit. As soon as I let my guard down, I look to my right, and directly across the aisle from me, is a crazy cat lady...stroking a damn cat, looking crazy. as. shit. As I was trying to get a picture of HER, I look in front of me, and see this middle-aged (45+) white guy, in biker shorts, a bubble coat, on a laptop:
Welcome back, Bus Log. Welcome back.
Oh yeah, I live in Seattle now.


No comments:
Post a Comment