Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ghetto Carnival



Well, this particular day, I had a lil extra money and was feeling like doing something nice for a children or two. . . ended up just being one: my niece Cameron.



I had just finished studying at the Southfield Library, and was going to take her to the family-fun, safe-looking, no-hood-rat, carnival right outside. For some reason (probably subliminally so I could write this blog entry), I changed my mind. We instead went to the one on Greenfield and I-96. Yeah. . .

So when we first pulled up, there were people sitting in their cars smoking weed. Some were actually selling jewelry out of their trunk. It looked more like the parking lot of a hood bar after a "Brightmoor Doe-Gettas" or some shit concert. Anyway, we proceed into the carnival, I have a tight grip on her hand. As we're walkin in, she trips. I look down and see huge fuckin craters in the ground like right in front of the ticket booth. So you are FORCED to navigate this treachery if you want to have any kind of fun.

After these two events, I made the decision to only spend enough money for her to get on a few of the rides, win her a lil prize, and gtf outta there. $40 and an hour should do it.

So we make our way over to the swings ride, and she wants me to get on with her. While in line, I notice the guys not really paying attention to how the kids are fastened in. Kinda just walking by the seats, not checking them at all. One kid even says "HEY MISTER! MY THING NOT FASTENED!" Dude ignores him, and keeps walking. Some other kid ends up fixing it for him. When it starts, while we're still in line, I look up and see the ghetto babies kicking each other while they're up in the air, grabbing each other's swing, some of em are even throwing shit at each other. I look at Cam and say "Are you sure you wanna ride this?" She replies with an enthusiastic "YEAH!" I personally made sure she was securely fastened before taking off.

Next, we get on the Gravitron - the ride where you're standing up and it spins, pinning you to the wall. While on this one, this little girl appears as if she's trying to spit on someone. I'm looking dead in her face as she's unsuccessfully attempting to conjure up a loogie. I hoped that she would choke on it. She did not. As the ride slows down, but has not yet stopped, the kids all just take their belts off and start walking. I'm like "hold up Cam....not yet." Sure enough, the asshole operator starts the ride back up momentarily, shaking the shit outta the ghetto babies walking toward the exit. I laugh.

Now Cameron wants to play some games. The ring toss game, which usually uses pop bottles, has beer bottles at this particular carnival. I thought that was inappropriate. . . maybe it's just me though. Kinda made me want a beer.

Next, she wants to get on the hang-glider ride. On this ride, you lie face down, with your face on a cushion, and it spins you around. I said "don't put your face on that shit!" She gets on the ride, and obediently, yet uncomfortably, keeps her head propped up the entire time lmao. While waiting on this ride to start, a huge, gargantuan fatty fat fat ADULT gets on with no child, and fats down the entire ride. This fat ass was so big, I was afraid she would throw off the equilibrium of the ride. Anyway, that turned out alright too.



The People

  • I saw Gerald Levert. Tried to get a picture. . . to no avail.
  • They had the club background for you to take pics (i.e - airbrushed Airplanes, Maybachs, and Moet bottles)
  • Stands with bootleg CDs & DVDs, as well as "Goach" and "Cucci" purses, belts, and t shirts
  • Red Robin hair style. HAD to get a pic. . .
  • Dudes wearing a shirt that said "Free big byrd" with a picture of a big, dumb-looking, yellow guy on it. I laughed at THAT shit so hard. I hope his dumb ass never gets out.
  • Argument broke out between two (pre?) teen girls. I didn't hear the whole thing, but it was something like
    Rat Bitch #1: BITCH I'MA TELL YO MAMA!
    Rat Bitch #2: BITCH U BETT NOT!

    I'm sure Rat Bitch #2's mama was there, and heard everything they were saying anyway. No need to tell on her, Rat Bitch #1. . . . fucking idiot.
  • The Fight - No hood event is complete without the obligatory fight. These dudes get to yelling and arguing. Next thing I know, somebody pushes somebody else down, then the shirts come off. This one lil fool got "God's son" tattood real small on his chest. I'm pretty sure God didn't approve of THAT shit. Another guy had the Death Row Records electric chair poorly tattooed on his arm. It looked like he let his retarded 7 year old son do it.
  • As we were leaving the field, this guy sitting in his car smoking weed yells out the window "AY! AY! LIL GIRL!" talking to my NIECE! I said "keep movin Cam. Don't even look." He continues "AY! You WHASSANAME daughter!" I said "No she ain't." And got her in the car.
  • As we were driving away, the police came rushing in for some reason. Glad we didn't find out why.
All in all, it was a pretty ok day. We didn't see very much blood, and she had fun. I'll never go back again though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMFAO HELL TO THE NAW

Doc Tate said...

Another reminder of why I don't hit the State fair. Classic. Lmao! Way to be a good uncle.