I got on right by the crib, at 6 Mile and Evergreen. As I board the bus, I notice the driver is slumped over, talking on her phone, not really paying attention to who's getting on the bus, or how much they pay. I'm broke, so I had to pay in all nickles. And since I took the time to count all that shit out prior to getting on the bus, I took my time and made sure I paid my correct fare. Why the bitch look annoyed???
Driving down the street, she's just talkin on her phone, loud and ghetto as hell, missing stops, running lights, it was awful. . . but hilarious.
I never noticed the terrible names for some of the businesses on 6 Mile. The stretch between Southfield and Wyoming has all types of establishments with utterly ridiculous and/ or completely unoriginal shit outside. Here are a few:
- The Building
- Pacemaker Accounting
- There was a big banner reading "Loose Chitlins"
- Mini Mart's Meat is Hard to Beat (my personal favorite)
- The A Spot (Hair salon?)
- There was a CCW ad painted on the side of "The Building" with a gun pointing to the right. Directly to the right of the CCW ad was a youth ministry ad
- 6 Mile and Livernois. Nicky D's Coney Island. RIGHT across the street from McDonald's!!!!! They must have had some legal issue, because their sign used to be half of the Golden Arches, shaped like a lower-case "n." Wish I had a pic. Now, they changed it to some other shit. Still quite comical.
- On Woodward - Notorious Unisex Salon. I NEVER want anything to do with a place in HP called "Notorious"
You can always tell heroine addicts. I could be off about this, but whenever I see a shady looking, unshaven white person in the middle of the hood, I just assume "Yeah, he's looking for some heroine." Is it just me???
There is a building on 6 Mile, between Hamilton and Woodward that has been burnt down, boarded up, and burnt down again. Outside of this building is a crudely spray painted "Bldg for sale." A practicing arsonist wouldn't want this building! The only people I could think of who would want it are the crackheads, to have someplace scary to do their crack, or rats, for a breeding ground. There wasn't any contact info anyway, so. . .
I really think there is a secret society of arsonists who come to Highland Park to practice their arsonry. They get it down to a science in HP, then disperse throughout the country, setting fires for the government, police cover-ups, and California wildfires.
I think people still LIVE in some of the burnt up houses. They've just adapted, like some people learn to live with roaches. "We just don't use the upstairs no mo since it got firebombed." And they go on living as if nothing happened.
In between a burnt up house and a burnt down lot where a burnt up house used to be, and across the street from a burnt up tree, there is a sign which reads "The City of Highland Park Working for You."
HOW??? NOTHING in this city works!!! That sign is like calling someone ugly who was recently face-mauled by a pitt bull!
Transferring to the Woodward bus, I saw Slick Rick's daddy. He was wearing a bucket hat, dark lokes, Used jeans with a fuckin Cadillac patch, and mad beauty supply jewelry. And was listening to a Walkman tape player. Probably to the Gap Band.
As I exited the bus, I noticed this:

MAN I missed taking the bus. . .

No comments:
Post a Comment